- Flu Bugs & The MarketHere’s an interesting graphic showing the time-spans of previous health viruses overlapped on the stock market levels during the life of those viruses.
- Who is Paying the Tariffs?“The tariffs are a tax on American consumers!” “The tariffs will drive up the prices of everything!” Those were the cries of the critics of President Trump’s tariffs on Chinese goods. But it seems that prices at the consumer level are flat and prices at the wholesale level actually declined in the most recent reports. […]
- 7 Myths About Social SecurityThe number of myths about Social Security abound. Some of the myths seem logical and some do not. Here’s an article that puts seven of those myths to bed. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/these-7-social-security-myths-just-arent-true-no-matter-how-often-you-hear-them-2019-08-27
- Are You On Track?Keeping up with the Jones’s is not something anyone should strive for – but in the case of saving for retirement, knowing how you compare could help you develop an awareness of the need for saving for retirement. Every situation is different due to guaranteed sources of retirement income; current and future bills; lifestyle; helping […]
- Recessions & DecadesAn interesting piece of research from Crestmont Research reveals that if a recession does not occur before the end of the year, it will be the first decade without a US recession in 170 years. As you will see in the graphic below, it is common to have 3 or 4 recessions per decade. What […]